Agora - Meeting of Schools and Women Scientists about COVID-19
- 08 from June 2021 from 10:00 to 13:00
The program 100tíficas has managed to convene together more than 200 women scientists who have shared their experience in science and technology careers with students from 100 schools in Catalonia in the framework of the International Day of Women and Girls in Science (February 11, 2021).
Because of the pandemic, this year the activity has been held online. Now, we have the opportunity for some of these women to share their personal experience in person with students from schools in Barcelona. In this case, the activity will focus on women scientists who have conducted research work on covid-19.
This activity aims to give visibility to women in the sci-tech world and, at the same time, to promote sci-tech vocations among girls.
In order to bring science closer to children, some 100tífiques will also go to several schools in Barcelona to work together with mothers, fathers, tutors and thus generate new ways to promote scientific and technological vocation in the classroom.
- Nuria Montserrat, Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC).
- Institut Escola Rec Comtal, 5th and 6th grades.
- Mariona Nadal, postdoc at the Institute for Research in Biomedicine (IRB Barcelona).
- Mirabai Cuenca Ardura, PhD student at the Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG).
- Júlia Vergara, Principal Investigatos at the Institute for Research in Agrifood Technology (IRTA).