Agora - Meeting of Schools and Women Scientists about Exoplanets and Space
- 11 from June 2021 from 10:00 to 12:30
The program 100tíficas has managed to convene together more than 200 women scientists who have shared their experience in science and technology careers with students from 100 schools in Catalonia in the framework of the International Day of Women and Girls in Science (February 11, 2021).
Because of the pandemic, this year the activity has been held online. Now, we have the opportunity for some of these women to share their personal experience in person with students from schools in Barcelona. In this case, the activity will focus on women scientists who have conducted research work about exoplanets and space.
This activity aims to give visibility to women in the sci-tech world and, at the same time, to promote sci-tech vocations among girls.
- Ana Montaner, Institute of Spatial Studies of Catalonia (IEEC).
- Francesc Macià School, 5th year.
- La Salle Comtal School, 2 groups.
- Laia Cardiel, electronics engineer, Institute of High Energy Physics (IFAE).
- Laura Cabayol, PhD student, IFAE.
- Anna Ferré-Mateu, astrophysicist, IEEC.