Agora - Meeting of Schools and Women Scientists about Food
- 09 from June 2021 from 10:00 to 13:30
The program 100tíficas has managed to convene together more than 200 women scientists who have shared their experience in science and technology careers with students from 100 schools in Catalonia in the framework of the International Day of Women and Girls in Science (February 11, 2021).
Because of the pandemic, this year the activity has been held online. Now, we have the opportunity for some of these women to share their personal experience in person with students from schools in Barcelona. In this case, the activity will focus on women scientists who have conducted research work on food.
This activity aims to give visibility to women in the sci-tech world and, at the same time, to promote sci-tech vocations among girls.
- Zoila Babot, Centre for Research in Agricultural Genomics (CRAG).
- Lluís Vives School, 6th year.
- Seat School, 5th year.
- Laura Botigué, Ramón y Cajal Researcher, CRAG.
- Marta Terré, researcher on the Ruminant Production programme at the Institute for Research in Agrifood Technology (IRTA).
- Marta Balsells, PhD student on the Postharvest programme at IRTA.